Sunday, October 12, 2008

guilty pleasure super special sunday edition

Cause i fell fast into the land of dreams on thursday i thought i would give you a special sunday edtion. a fairly personal one.

I think people in Detroit forget how awesome it is to be here on a sunday. In the summer espcially, but when it gets cooler it just means it's time to pull out those great warm sweaters, and get to know someone a little bit better.

Tonight i rode down by the riverwalk, in front of the Renaissance Center and chomped on an apple. Sitting on the steps i watched the passers by. Couples, groups of young girls, a cute boy jogging by, and then loners like me, as well as a few homeless folk and security guards just seemed to exist in harmony, the giggles of the girls, the nice breeze, the quiet waves, and the hum of cars driving over the ambassador bridge comfort the heart. Then the lights of Windsor, and the bridge, and the towering gm headquarters help your mind wander. Sundays in detroit are made for long walks, or lonesome bike rides, reflecting upon everything, and indulging in guilty pleasures. Once i could take no more cute coupley action by the water i split to Camptius Martius where the fountain in the middle of this city, played a show for me. I could watch it for hours, mesmerized, listening to the popping sound, and footsteps surrounding me. On the way home i stepped into Cass cafe to see some familiar faces for a moment, then climbed the stairs to my apartment where my roommate made the cutest pie ever made... with little hearts on it.

I need to get my rest, tomorrow is a big day. I will be photographing the Creative Cities Summit, hanging out with Jennfer Granholm, Kenneth Cockrel Jr. (who is my nieghbor) and trying my best to represent a group i'm afraid may be under represented.

for sunday, here are a few guilty pleasure photographs.
the pie!


andres riding a bike on the riverwalk in front of the ren cen.


Hodge at the old Miami


a new personal project.. writing in binary on sidewalks. this reads i am real this is not.

No comments: