Monday, October 13, 2008

compassion before passion


in the morn, hanging with Governor Granholm
sometimes i feel very lucky. I dont understand how i end up where i do sometimes. I listened to the poet laureate from Toronto today say,
"Compassion before Passion"
"a city is where ones destiny is discovered through other people, enjoy yourself by enjoying others."
and that
"creativity creates a reason to continue with vigor in our daily lives, Hope"
-Pier Giorgio Di Cicco

then i went to lunch at Eph Mcnallys, came back to Bill Strickland bringing me and the entire crowd to tears, by his gracious and humble attitude. The man who has won more awards then i could ever name off, and feeds welfare moms, and poor children gourmet meals, while teaching self sufficiency and dignity, said

"People are a function of the little things"
"you don't have to be rich to look at the sun"
"All poor people don't have is money, which is a curable condition."
"Treat people like Poor people, they will behave like poor people. Treat people like World Class citizens, thats what you'll get."

He encouraged us to keep moving, to find our place, and make this world the place we wan to live.

Soon after i found myself on the 19th floor of the Detroit Chamber of Commerce, hiding in a dark room overlooking the city, sipping a glass of wine, wondering how i got here and what it all means.

I could write forever about today, how i was moved over and over, the new facts i learned, that i may start working for Model D!!! I could also add in my criticisms, but my eyes are burning. my body is tired. i must sign off. night loves.
lost in a sea of lights

No comments: