Tuesday, October 28, 2008

create every day



my shoes, pre-paint

Life for this little lady is super busy right now. I've spent the last few days up in the russsell industrial center working on a show my friend andrew is curating. As well as producing my personal work, other various stories, and making a piece for the show.

The russell Industrial center is the place i took a photograph of the wolf/dog daisy on the roof. It was a factory abandoned, but has since been converted into artist studios. It's pretty concentrated of the two million square feet some perts are desolate while others are growing artwork and fostering community. My good friends, part of the Aww Sweet Collective, Invisiblebully, and cave gallery, they have brought the old shows at bobs classic kicks, good wood detroit 07, good wood brooklyn 08, art battle 08, and now are doing an exchange with Canbrook. I had a discussion with an media mogul in detroit, and he asked why we don't have strong art collectives in detroit. I told him we did, and imediatly went to andrew with the idea of starting a zine. soo look out for the future of aww.. sweet. zine, website, web store. come out on friday it's gonna be aww.. sweet ruckus.

No comments: