Monday, December 1, 2008

i'm tired of blogging. it's making me question the things i really value in life. so, out of continued habit. and nothing better to do then, well, sleep or smoke cigarettes, neither of which i am particularly fond of. i'll return to something that seriously inspired me.

"every man, woman and child is creative. It is Impossible to wake up without inventing and re-inventing the world."


"creativity is a reason to continue with vigor in daily lives, Hope.

Pier Giorgo Di Cicco
poet laureate of toronto

When i was at the Creative CIties Summit a few months ago, i was sitting on top of the Detroit Chamber of commerce. Listening to violins and drinking wine, i snuck away to phone my dad and tell him i was 5 feet away from the poet laureate of toronto. The next evening at another wine drinking event (intellectuals are wino's) he sat down next to me, and began to tell me how much he loved detroit, how he could taste it. I think i blogged about this before.... i just thought it was noteworthy again.. it meant alot to me.


hopefully tomorrow i'll feel better about all of this. maybe it's the rain that has consumed the city. my skin is itching and my insides are aching to shoot. but with the darkness setting in well before i can escape my job, and freezing raindrops.. i am in a funk. i don't even know what to do in the winter. for the past 6ish years every weekend i shoot my bum off. and work on the flicks all week. ugh.

leaves

1 comment:

BarGal said...

I feel the "funk" too. I suggest just taking pictures of anything...I tried it this past weekend and it definitely perked me up some.