Monday, October 6, 2008

back from the windy.

after a long weekend.. this chilly weather can dampen the spirits.. something nice about the crisp fall air, disappears when your tired.

Tonight after napping like a cat in the sun on my couch, i finally emptied all the boxes from my apartment (almost), I finally gave places homes... and tossed loose ends.

The end of the night found me clutching a candle at the bronx bar, to keep my fingers warm.. and then using my fingers to draw shapes with the light on the faces across from me. The Bronx is the darkest bar in the city... at night, upon exiting, the moon will seem like a spotlight. It seems to take 20 minutes for the eyes to adjust, and you will smell like you smoked 8 packs of ciggerettes. But it is a detroit classic, and a neighborhood gathering spot. They have a sick jukebox, pool table, some nights they offer haircuts.. and have awesome grilled cheeses...

On the ride home my lungs nearly exploded, because of the cold temperatures...

Which is why we need someone at home to keep us cuddly warm.
however, according to the following article, we have the 2nd highest ranking of single people, in the US and A.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/going-solo-in-the-usa.html;_ylc=X3oDMTFpaTViZTJvBF9TAzI3MTYxNDkEX3MDOTc2MjA0NjUEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawNnb2luZy1zb2xv

I shot this photo on the roof of the Russell industrial center one night. This dog was found north of here, and looks like a wolf. You can here her howling in building 3 of the artists complex. Even though she is really nice and her name is Daisy.

No comments: